Here is a recipe for a low carb bacon and cheese crustless quiche that tastes amazing.
Cheese is one of my favorite foods – especially the rich flavor of mature cheddar.
Much like wine, cheese gets better as it ages and brings a powerful kick to any recipe you bring it into.
This recipe includes plenty of mature cheddar cheese, mixed with bacon, garlic, cream, and green onion in a creamy crustless quiche.
Ingredients (4 servings)
1/2lb (227g) Bacon
3.5oz (100g) Mature Cheddar
200ml Heavy Cream
5.5oz (150g) Green Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
Black Pepper (to taste)
Before you start, preheat the oven to 300°F.
1. Fry the bacon and diced green onion until half cooked, and then take it off the heat.
2. Beat the eggs with the heavy cream.
3. Mash the garlic and add it to the cream/egg mixture.
4. Lightly grease an oven dish using your choice of fat – lard or butter are both great options for this.
5. Add the bacon, green onion, and the cream, egg and garlic mixture into the oven tray.
6. Add pepper to taste (due to the cheese and bacon, extra salt isn’t needed.) Stir in.
7. Grate the mature cheddar.
8. Mix 75% of the grated cheddar into the quiche mixture, and use the last 25% to cover the top.
9. Put the quiche in the oven and cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until the quiche starts turning golden brown.
Here are the nutrition facts for the quiche.
All information is based on the amounts listed in the ingredients section and is for 1 serving
Calories and Macronutrients (1 serving)
Calories: 712 Carbohydrate: 10.6g (6%) Fat: 62.5g (78%) Protein: 28.3g (16%)
This recipe is great; it requires minimal preparation and it tastes amazing.
But to be honest, is it even possible for a food containing cheese, cream, and bacon to taste bad? I’m not so sure.
The actual preparation time is only about 10-15 mins – and then all you have to do is put it in the oven and wait.
It tastes just as good as a traditional style quiche, and it has a lovely creamy taste.